Florida Chiropractic FAQ
SERVING GREENACRES, LAKE WORTH, WEST PALM BEACH, WELLINGTON & BOYNTON BEACH SINCE 1989.
Chiropractic care is a science, healing art and philosophy founded in America. Its practical principles are easily understood. The Brain and Spinal Cord integrate, control, and maintain every organ, tissue and cell of the body. (Innate) is the inborn Intelligence and Force, which is present in every cell, tissue, and organ of your body. The presence of the innate intelligence force in any cell, tissue, or organ, separates the living from the dead. The impedance of Innate will cause pain, dysfunction, ill health, disease and ultimately premature death.
Chiropractic treatment restores the body to optimum health. The chiropractic treatment does not heal; chiropractic treatment sets the stage for healing to occur from within your body at the cellular/tissue/organ level.
The chiropractic approach to better health is to locate and remove interferences (subluxations, misaligned vertebrae) to your nervous system. With improved spinal function, there is improved nervous system function. The goal of your chiropractor is to remove any interference that may be impairing normal health through specific chiropractic adjustments, allowing your body to heal itself. A healthy spine and a healthy lifestyle are your keys to optimal health!
Chiropractic care is successful with a very wide variety of health problems, including those which are not necessarily considered “back” problems, because of improved nerve system function. With a normal nerve supply, the body’s natural healing capacity can improve a variety of health problems.
TYPES OF CARE:
All chiropractic care begins with an initial examination, after which x-rays may be recommended to determine the seriousness of your condition. In addition to being adjusted, you may be given helpful at home exercises to do, dietary suggestions, and ways to improve your posture.
- Initial Intensive Chiropractic Care: The first phase of care is referred to as Relief or Acute Chiropractic Care. This is designed to eliminate or reduce the majority of the discomfort and stabilize the condition in the shortest amount of time. This chiropractic care phase typically involves repeat visits aimed at reducing or eliminating the symptoms.
- Rehabilitative Chiropractic Care: The objective of the Rehabilitative Chiropractic Care phase of your treatment program is to correct any underlying spinal injury as well as strengthening the muscles, improve spinal function and provide more complete or optimum healing of tissues and organ systems. Visits occur at a reduced frequency, and care is supplemented by exercises and modification of your daily and work habits. Remember, when an individual seeks the professional services of an experienced chiropractor, many of the conditions they exhibit have been developed over many years and therefore take time to correct.
- Chiropractic Maintenance & Wellness Care: The third and final option available is Chiropractic Maintenance or Wellness Care. This treatment phase is designed to maintain your improved health and spinal function, and prevent the return of the original condition once spinal correction has been attained. Regular attention catches small problems before they become serious. Prevention saves time and money by helping you stay well.
FORMS OF TREATMENT:
Coastal Chiropractic offers various treatment methods and services which address your specific needs and physical goals to achieve wellness and harmony. Contact our office at 561-642-9500 for additional information, or to schedule a confidential consultation, or request an appointment.
- Manipulation: Chiropractic manipulation refers to a chiropractor applying manipulation to the vertebrae that have abnormal movement patterns or fail to function normally. Chiropractic manipulation (also known as chiropractic adjustment or spinal manipulation, is a common therapeutic treatment for low back pain. The objective of this chiropractic treatment is to reduce the subluxation, which results in an increased range of motion, reduced nerve irritability and improved function.
- Deep Tissue Massage: Is Massage Technique which focuses on trigger points by applying pressure at the proper degree and intervals resulting in relief of strained muscles and eliminating or reducing muscle spasms.
- Electric Muscle Stimulation: (neuromuscular electrical stimulation (EMS)) is the elicitation of muscle contraction using electric impulses. The impulses are generated by a device and delivered through electrodes on the skin in direct proximity to the muscles to be stimulated.
- Traction: Traction gently helps reestablish the normal and natural ranges of the body’s spine. Traction tables also help facilitate muscle relaxation and reduce muscle spasms.
- Hot/Cold Therapy: Heat and ice are the two most common types of passive, non-invasive, and non-addictive therapies. Heat and cold can be used alternatively and are often used as a prelude to exercise therapy.
- Therapeutic Massage with L.M.T.: There are several effective forms of therapeutic massage which are designed to address specific ailments, injuries, and forms of discomfort.
- Stretching /Exercise Instruction: Stretching and Exercise Instruction is the art of identifying your bodies physical limitations, and developing stretching and exercise programs to help address and improve ones general health and range of motion.
- Nutritional Counseling: Having a proper nutritional program can help improve an individuals general health and assist in a achieving a better quality of life. Good nutrition promotes a healthy lifestyle and aids in your bodies natural ability function at an optimal level of performance.